Are you unable to backup WhatsApp chat to Google Drive? Let’s get the best solution for WhatsApp data backup on Google Drive stepwise with proper screenshots.
Hello! In this age, everyone is very much aware of the world’s most popular messenger application, WhatsApp. It certainly plays a key role in the day-to-day conversation. However, a few days back, one of my friends asked me, how to take backup of WhatsApp data to Google Drive on Android phone.
So, still, there are many users who do not know that WhatsApp itself has a backup feature that saves a copy of chat history to Google Drive. In fact, many people know but they are unable to backup WhatsApp chat history. Hence, this tutorial is for the folk who want or need to back up chat or other multimedia stuff from their WhatsApp on Android device.
So, let’s begin.
Instant Solution: You can directly call at +1-866-235-1646 for instant resolution.
Pre-requisites Need For WhatsApp Chat Backup
You must have following settings to be done in the device to use backup function of WhatsApp account.
- Your Android device should have a Google account.
- Must have free memory space on the device for backup file.
- A strong internet connection is needed for fast processing.
Once you have all these things, then starts taking the chat backup.
Steps to Backup WhatsApp Chat to Google Drive on Android Device
Try the below instruction and saves your most memorable and crucial chat on Google Drive. Also, this backup follows the incremental approach, however, first copy of messages saves on G-Drive takes time.
Tip: It is a fundamental rule that, if the user never updates its backup more than a year, then WhatsApp automatically deletes the file from G-Drive storage. So, if you really care about the old messages, then take help of SysTools Gmail Backup Tool. A smarter way to safeguard the WhatsApp messages by taking its backup from G-Drive to local system in multiple formats.
Note: The messages and other multimedia data items that saved in Google Drive are not safeguarded by end-to-end encryption technology offered by WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Tap on the Menu button available at top-right corner on the interface.
- Click on Settings >> Chats option.
- Under Chat settings, click on Chat Backup.
- After that, navigate to Google Drive settings and click on Backup to Google Drive. Here, opt for any option except Never to backup the messages.
- Next, choose a Google account where you need to save the backup of WhatsApp messages. In case, when there is no account connected, click on Add Account and setup a Google account.
- After that, under Back up over option, either select Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi or Cellular option. It is advised to go with Wi-Fi for backup task. Because over the cellular network, the entire procedure takes time and consumes lots of mobile data that leads to additional cost. Adding to it, you can check the box corresponding to Include videos to also take backup of it.
- In such a situation. when you want to save the data of WhatsApp manually, then tap on Menu button. Plus, select Settings >> Chats >> Chat backup in sequential manner. On Chat backup page, tap on green colored BACK UP button to create a backup copy of messages immediately.
Still, Unable to Backup WhatsApp Chat to Google Drive
Unfortunately, if the messages have not been saved on G-Drive, then there might be problem in settings. So, check the following factors and correct it.
- First, ensure that a valid Google account exists in your device.
- Check that Google Play service is setup in your Android phone. Because it is only devised for Android 2.3.4 (GINGERBREAD) and later releases.
- If you become failed to take backup over the cellular network, then switch to other network connection like Wi-Fi.
Once we understand the backup procedure, let’s take a look on how to retrieve the data from backup file.
How to Restore Messages or Media From Google Drive Backup?
Before you continue the process, make sure you use the same mobile number and Google account used for the backup procedure. Now, follow the below instruction to extract the chat and files:
- First of all, uninstall the WhatsApp and again install it through Play Store.
- During installation, it self-validate the mobile number and asks you to restore the chats and media from G-Drive.
- You need to tap on Restore button to extract the messages.
- Click on Next.
- Once the restoration process gets over, all the older messages or multimedia items will appear on WhatsApp interface.
There are various reasons due to which people want to backup WhatsApp chat to Google Drive. Therefore, we have discussed the complete steps that use to save messages and restore in WhatApp account. So, try the above workaround and takes proper control of your old chat history.