I’m unable to fix this AOL error code 101 in my system. I am using Windows XP and having a bad time dealing with this error. Is there a way that I can fix it myself?
Providing a huge range of exciting features to users, AOL has proven to be an ideal email client for users world wide. Along with the improved interface, there are also some errors that users face every now and then. AOL error code 101 is one of these common AOL errors. The basic reason of this error is the corruption in the Windows registry.
If not eliminated timely, the error might cause severe damage to your system. Corrupting the whole Windows system, this error might make your system stop functioning properly. It could turn out to be the biggest threat to the data and files saved on your system.
Figure out what are the root causes to this AOL error 101 and respective solutions in the below article.
So lets get started!
Root Causes of AOL Error Code 101
Here are all the possible reasons for this error. You must be aware of all these in order to identify the error and avoid it in the future.
- This error code is usually a regular Windows registry error.
- Viruses: Any kind of Spoofing, Trojan horse, malware or Ransomware have been infected on your system.
- Improper Installation: If there is any incomplete or improper installation of drivers / any program.
- Poor Internet: A very slow internet speed could also be a reason to cause this error.
- Update to Newer Version: Always keep your AOL desktop versions updated in correspondence with the Windows you are using.
Note: It is advised to get rid of this error as soon as possible, as it is capable to drive more harm to your computer. As an instant remedy, you can call at +1-866-235-1646 AOL helpline no.
#1 Manual Fixes to AOL Error Code 101
- Scan Your PC: Make sure your system is virus-free. Use any good anti-virus software and eliminate viruses if any exist.
- Update the Windows: Follow the below steps to update your Windows:
- Go to Start button on Windows
- Find the Control Panel
- Under Control Panel >> go to System and Security
- Click on Windows Updates
- Now find the Check for Updates box (to check if there is any new update)
- Have patience and wait for a while until the process finishes.
- Once the process ends, Restart your system and look for your AOL account performance.
Now it might be possible that AOL error code 101 is still visible, in that case, go for the expert solution which is described below.
#2 Expert Fixes to AOL Error 101
If you still see the problem, don’t panic. We got the expert solution for you as well. You can directly talk to the experts at AOL support and get instant assistance. The technicians at AOL customer service are available at +1-800-5962-947, 24 hours everyday.
Also Read: How to Quickly Fix AOL Error Code 554?
Sum It Up
Fixing AOL error code 101 is not big a deal, but you must handle this problem carefully. Resolve the error by yourself with the manual steps or simply get in touch with AOL customer support to fix the error under the guidance of experts.