“Sorry for the inconvenience. Your task can’t be processed because of error 212”. Is this what you are getting in your AOL mail right now? No need to panic, we got the best fixes for you to get rid of this AOLdesktop install error 212. Go through the complete article to find out the troubleshoot to this error.
Basically, this error 212 in AOL mail occurs at the time of sending mails through messenger to other users from one AOL user account. What happens here is Windows prompts a message addressing “sorry for the annoyance. We are unable to perform your task because of error 212”.
Jump into the steps we have elaborated below to resolve this AOL error manually as well as with the help of AOL support team ( +1-866-235-1646 ), but first, let’s understand how to detect this particular error, only then you’d be able to fix it.
How to Detect AOL Desktop Install Error 212?
Here are the symptoms of error 212 in AOL:
- As a first symptom, the consistent appearance of the error message shown above.
- Your Windows OS getting slower.
- Constant freezing, crashing, hanging of your system.
- Your program getting crashed right when running the same programs.
- The keyboard and mouse responding way slower.
Reasons Behind AOL Desktop Error 212
- Improper Installation: A corrupted or damaged installation of AOL instant messenger on your system is highly responsible for this error to occur.
- Corrupted Registry Entries: If something is not right with the registry entries, be it corruption or erroneous entries, you are most likely to get this error.
- Intentional or Accidental Removal of Files: Now this could also be referred as the insider threats. Any file has been purposely deleted or accidentally, it could be major factor of such kind of AOL error.
- Malware, Virus Injection: Biggest and most dangerous factors to cause most of the AOL errors are these viruses. Cyber attacking has gone really common nowadays, so better be cyber safe.
Also Read: How to Get Rid of AOL Error Code 420?
Quick Fixes to AOL Desktop Install Error 212
Below are the quick steps to resolve this AOL error 212 manually. Carefully follow each of these:
- Fix Windows Registry Files: Look for any corruption in the registry files entries in the Windows.
- Run A Scan: Quickly run a scan for any kind of viruses or ransomware in your system. Make sure to get your system virus-free.
- Get Your System Drivers Updated: Look for the new versions of the system drivers and as soon as you find one, update.
- Clean-Up the Temp / Junk Files: Use the built-in clean up tool to delete unwanted files from your system. Follow the below steps (for Windows 8, 8.1):
- Go to the Control Panel >> click on Administrative Tools >> Select Disk Cleanup
- Now choose the drive on which you want to run Disk Cleanup under the Drives list
- Next, choose all the files you find unnecessary >> click OK
- Click on Delete files
- Restore Windows and Restart AOL: Now it is time to restore your Windows System and then uninstall and re-install your AOL instant Messenger
- Update Windows: Update your Windows to the latest version if not updated yet.
- Now check for the AOL desktop install error 212, it should be resolved. If by any chances, the error still shows up, follow the last step.
- Contact AOL Technical Support: Finally, you must contact AOL helpline +1 844 454 7202 and the experts are available 24/7 to resolve any sort of AOL issues.