While aiming at online marketing strategies, many business owners confront a common dilemma: which is better SEO or PPC? Comparison of SEO Vs PPC? Some people say SEO is better, some say it’s better to go with cost-per-click advertising, really so much confusion! Isn’t it?
When I was in the initial stage of my online marketing, I was too disturbed with what to select? Which one (SEO versus PPC) will provide better value to my business? So, finally, I decided to have experts advise on different marketing channels.
I researched a lot to compare both of these marketing techniques (SEO PPC). However, it took time but believe me I found some useful information that helped me to grow my business. That’s why I thought to share my experience with my readers. Let’s see Which one’s better? Which one sucks? What is the difference between SEO and PPC Why should you be leveraging any of them?
What Does the Fact Say About SEO VS PPC CTR Results?
Do we need to shift our paid ads to organic clicks?
According to the statistics for Organic vs PPC in 2021: The CTR outcomes show that page 1 of Google’s searches gets “71.33%” organic clicks. Moreover, pages two and three barely get 5.59% of clicks.
Also, the top 5 search results on the first page, record for 67.60% of all the clicks. Whereas, 3.73% of the clicks are received by the results from 6 to 10 number webpages.
The facts demonstrate to us, even though the top three results are Google Ads. The chances of getting clicks are more for organic results. Do you want to know more about SEO vs paid search results? Keep reading this blog post until the end.
So, Let’s Get Started with What is SEO and PPC?
What is SEO?
The term SEO (Search Engine Optimization), is a broad name in the digital marketing transformation. Particularly, we are dependent on this form of marketing technique to increase our brand visibility organically.
It is attempted to optimize and improve website ranking in the organic results in search engines like Google and Bing. There are several aspects to look at when trying to improve your site’s SEO.
As in the above sentence, I talked about organic results. Do you know what organic results are? What is organic search in SEO? Organic search is a natural search or unpaid search results of web pages that appear as a list of options when some search for any keywords.
In short, we can say the result of the search engine’s algorithm for keywords. Let’s understand this with an example. Consider the keyword ‘what is SEO’, when you search this keyword on Google, it will show the list of web pages.
Now, your mind must have been stuck in organic search vs paid search? Is this happening with us? Don’t worry, I will explain all these later on. First Let’s discuss some more things about SEO so that it becomes easy for us to compare PPC vs SEO.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of SEO?
The most important thing while talking about the advantages of SEO is to make sure the content on your website is unique, helpful, and descriptive. If you skip this point, you’re in a fall.
Pros of SEO
- Boost the organic traffic of your website.
- The best technique for long-term, scalable results.
- It is comparatively cheaper than other channels in the long term.
- Your audience can easily find you with relevant keywords.
- You don’t need to pay any sort of money in SEO.
- It gets more clicks on search queries.
- Your results page can be there for the longer term.
- It leads to a better user experience.
- It promotes better cost management
Cons of SEO
- SEO is a long-term process, it may take three to six months before you see some results.
What is PPC?
The PPC is also termed as Pay Per Click or Paid Ads or Paid Advertisements or PPC Ads. This form of marketing technique can scale up your brand as quickly as you need. For PPC ads you have to spend more money to get more traffic. Most importantly, if you start a paid advertising campaign today, you can get results from today itself.
Is this the only reason businessmen are preferring PPC to get traffic? If not, then why PPC?
Let’s see some pros and cons of PPC Ads.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Pay Per Click?
Pros of PPC Advertising
- It is a good value for money as it can give you instant traffic.
- Can easily target any region of your choice for your audience means in terms of demographics, location, language, and device.
- The best thing about PPC, you can set hours for your Ads to show up. This is called dayparting.
- You have a choice to pay as much or as limited as you like.
- It is cost-effective as you need to pay only when a user actually reaches your website.
- You can easily calculate how much exactly your return on investment is.
- PPC campaigns give effective results if done correctly.
- Even, you can customize your campaigns at any time based on what works best.
- The impact of PPC Ads actions almost immediately.
Cons of PPC Advertising
- Regular time investment is required for improving and optimizing the Ads to get the best results.
- Requires a skilled person to set up powerful campaigns.
- The clicks don’t anyway lead to sales which means it can result in an easy end of bidding or investment.
- It requires regular monitoring and optimizing your campaigns to make sure money could be wasted.
Difference Between the SEO vs PPC in Tabular Form
|SEO (Search Engine Optimization)||PPC (Pay Per Click)|
|Can be ‘free’||Need to spend money|
|It requires unique and lengthy content||It requires short content|
|Drives brand awareness||Generates leads|
|Traffic from organic search is free||Traffic is not for free|
|SEO takes time to show the result||PPC can give you instant result|
|Cheaper in the long-term||Costly in the long-term|
|SEO is slow feedback||PPC is fast feedback|
|Hard to run A/B tests||Easy to run A/B tests|
|Good ROI||Lower ROI|
|Less Buyer Oriented||Buyer Oriented|
|Hard to scale||Easy to scale|
The Ultimate Question Which Is Better SEO or PPC For My Business?
All in all, presently how about we go to our ultimate question; is it SEO or PPC which one is better for you to use?
Well, the appropriate response is, both. Both of them have their own role in marketing. So leveraging both of them is profitable.
Whenever paid advertising and SEO are productive. Without any doubt choose any of the forms of marketing as per your business requirements. Although, you can influence not just paid and SEO, there are other ways to promote a brand. They all together work great and you can continue scaling up your business.
So, when people say, SEO is better, or PPC is better, it doesn’t really matter. You should leverage all the sales funnels that are productive for your business.
Benefits of Operating SEO and PPC Together
- You can use the data of keywords and conversions obtained from PPC into organic search (SEO) for better results.
- Increase your total volume of traffic by targeting clicks in paid and using high-performing keywords in organic search.
- Apply A/B testing on PPC Ads then feeds perfect landing pages into your organic web pages.
- PPC allows you to do effective remarketing. This way you can keep your organic listing in front of potential customers.
- Test your targeted keyword first in PPC then use this keyword for the long-term SEO.
- Having both options gives you the opportunity to help you in targeting the audiences in all stages of the customer journey. Whether the customer is looking to do research or wants to buy the products.
- Boost your confidence and your brand name by having both effective SEO and PPC visibility.
Do you know the 15 best SEO Audit tools for website optimization and its ranking?
Hope you have found your answers on which is better SEO or PPC. In the above, I have included all points why you should run SEO and why PPC?
Further, I also want to say: some time ago, you could simply use SEO to build an online business, or you could simply use paid. Presently, there are endless marketing channels popping on the web. It’s all so important that you must choose the option to use all the channels out there.
From Google Adwords to Twitter Ads, to Facebook Ads, to SEO, to Youtube Ads to Content Marketing, to Email Marketing, to Social Media Marketing, to Push Notifications. The rundown props up endlessly. These all are a great way to take your business to the next level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are people still using SEO in 2022?
The answer is ýes’. SEO is becoming more crucial than ever. It is an effective form of cultivating digital marketing strategies. However, it is a long-term process but gives you productive results. So, SEO has a great future in 2022 and even in the coming years.
What are the advantages of using SEO over PPC?
The biggest advantages of having SEO over PPC are listed below:
- Can be ‘free’
- Drives brand awareness
- Traffic from organic search is free
- Cheaper in the long-term
- Good ROI
- Easy to implement
Why should I choose PPC over SEO?
The reason you should choose PPC vs SEO are listed below:
- It requires short content
- Generates leads
- PPC can give you instant result
- PPC is fast feedback
- Easy to run A/B tests
- Buyer Oriented
- Easy to scale