This is not about a rare instance that we casually bump into. Every now and then users find AOL mail not working properly, freezing up, getting slower and what not. There are indeed multiple factors that influence such mishappenings in AOL mail.
Undoubtedly AOL proves to be the one of the best and oldest email clients presently. The all-in-one experience with emailing, browsing, instant messaging, dial-up connectivity, search and content management makes it stand out. No matter how perfect a mail client is, there are indeed some lags which can’t be overlooked.
So let us take a look at why we get errors like AOL mail stopped working, not responding and so on and what are the best troubleshoot practices to deal with such errors.
Note: As a quick resolution you can simply call at 1-866-235-1646 (AOL support).
Why Do We Get AOL Mail Not Working Types of Errors?
Unknowingly, the several things could cause AOL to stop working and responding. Let’s get in more depth with all the causes.
- Cookies in Your Browser: The cookies and caches in your browse history are most often responsible to make softwares hang or freeze.
- Corruption in Softwares: The softwares in your system are sometimes infected with some kind of corruption. The AOL desktop version might be corrupted or improperly installed which could cause the issues like AOL mail not currently available.
- Firewall Guidelines: Firewall and other anti-virus softwares have a set of rules to be followed which are essential for safety concerns but some of these rules could cause issues while accessing AOL.
- Viruses in System: Various viruses, malwares, trojan horses and ransomeware are there to ruin one’s data as well as softwares.
- Poor Internet Connectivity: Most trivial factor of AOL mail not working phenomena is a too slow internet connectivity. This could be fixed right away when the data connection seems slow.
- Compatibility Checks: Users overlook the importance of upgrading the software versions with respect to the browsers versions, which ends up causing AOL not responding errors,
- Add-ins: The bunch of unnecessary add-ins and plug-ins in the browser are sometimes the real culprit and cause several issues in AOL mail.
- Insufficient RAM Memory: Now this factor is going to be a headache when you are trying to load the desktop version of AOL mail. The exceeded memory space in RAM could be a hindrance in the way of loading AOL mail account.
- Configuration of AOL (Desktop): The incorrect or incomplete configuration settings of AOL desktop will surely leave you wondering why is my AOL gold not working.
How to Resolve AOL Stopped Working Errors?
Below are the troubleshoot practices for AOL not responding error in multiple platforms:
#1. AOL Not Working on Windows 10 Mail App
First, we will try to troubleshoot the AOL mail issue for Windows 10 Mail App. Follow up the below tricks:
- #Trick1. Check Your AOL Mail Server Settings
- Visit the Settings option >> Click on Manage Accounts >> choose your AOL account
- Now hit the Mailbox Sync Settings option
Look for these settings:
IMAP Username: myAccount@aol.com
Incoming Mail Server: Imap.aol.com
Note: Sure you can use POP protocol as incoming server too but it is highly recommended to use IMAP in this case of AOL with Windows Mail. POP can be used with other email clients.
Port No.: 143 (Standard), 993 (SSL)
SMTP Outgoing Server: smtp.aol.com. Port: 587
SMTP Username: myAccount@aol.com
Password: Insert your Windows 10 Mail App password
- #Trick2. Remove and ReAdd Your AOL Account
- Open the Mail App >> Go to Settings
- Navigate to Manage Accounts option
- Click on Delete an Account >> Choose your AOL account
- Now that you are done removing your AOL account, add id again.
By now the issue must be resolved.
- #Trick3. Turn off the Privacy settings and Two-Step Authentication to resolve the AOL mail not working on Windows 10 Mail app problem.
- #Trick4. If nothing works, try restarting the Windows Mail App.
#2. AOL Not Working on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user and facing the problem with your AOL mail, we got you covered with the following fixes:
- #Trick1. Remove and Restart Your AOL Account
Just like we did in the case of Windows Mail App, this trick can be used with any email client or OS. Follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings option in your iPhone >> select Accounts & Passwords and choose the AOL account
- Next, click on Delete Account option
You AOL account has been deleted. Now you have to add it again with the following steps:
- Go to Settings >> Again go to Accounts & Passwords option.
- Now click on Add Account option
- Lastly, Log-In using your credentials
- #Trick2. Reset the Network Settings
Sometimes the errors like AOL not working on iPhone occur due to some issues in Network Settings. Below are the steps to reset your Network Settings.
- Navigate to Settings option and hit General
- Now select Reset option
- Choose Reset Network Settings option. Your VPN / APN settings, cellular and Wi-Fi passwords and Networks would also be reseted.
- #Trick3. Turn On Airplane mode on your phone and immediately Turn Off.
- #Trick4. If the problem is still showing up, you can directly contact the Developers by visiting the help page in your iPhone.
Some Additional Tips to Fix the AOL Mail Not Working Issue
Above methods were specific to Windows 10 Mail App and iPhone. But the AOL stopped working error could arise on several other platforms as well. So below are some tips that can be applied on any of the platform to fix AOL issues:
- Always Clean browser cookies and caches.
- Update your browsers to the latest versions.
- Upgrade your AOL desktop versions to the newest versions.
- Delete the bookmarks and then Sign in to AOL mail.
- Remove the additional plug-ins.
- Keep your system virus free.
- Free the RAM memory
Must Read: How to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104 Easily
This was all about the troubleshoot of “Why is my AOL email not working” problems. I believe the issue must get resolved with all the above tips and hacks. Also, no need to panic if the error is haunting you even after these all approaches (although it is rare), in such case you can always contact the AOL support team at 1-866-235-1646 and get quick assistance from the experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q 1: Can I resolve AOL IMAP server not responding error?
A 1: Yes, using the below steps you can fix imap.aol.com server not responding error easily:
- Step 1: Go to Settings.
- Step 2: Search and Select Accounts & Password option.
- Step 3: Select AOL option and Open your AOL Email id which is not working.
- Step 4: Click on AOL account id and Delete it.
- Step 5: After deleting it, Go back to the main menu.
- Step 6: After few minutes, hit on Settings.
- Step 7: Hit on Accounts & Password icon.
- Step 8: Click on Add account and choose AOL.
- Step 9: Sign in again with AOL email id.
Q 2: Can I also fix AOL mail not working issue on iPhone?
A 2: Yes, you can easily resolve AOL email not working error in iPhone using the above explained steps.
Q 3: Why AOL is not working? Please Explain Causes of this issue.
A 3: There are many reasons due to which AOL mail does not respond:
- Cookies in Your Browser
- Corruption in Software
- Firewall Guidelines, etc.