“Please help! I am working on Mac machine and using macOS version EI Capitan. When I try to move a file in a directory, I always received an error message. The error message generated with this code:
Can anybody tell me why this error occurs and how to resolve Mac error code 43?”
All we know, Mac PCs have a legitimate reputation around the globe. However, like all computers, macOS also shows different kinds of error messages while performing any task. Amongst all, the most common reported issue is OS X error code 43.
According to a research, this problem generally occurs in Mac OS X EI Capitan and OS X 10.2 (Jaguar). Both are the widely used operating system on Mac machine. Therefore, after considering this error, in this article, we will describe the possible in-depth reasons for Mac OS error code 43. Along with this, the topmost suitable solutions also provided that can fix this error efficiently.
Mac OS X Error 43- Know the Possible Reasons
Before going to resolving method, it is important to identify the root causes of an error. By defining the causes, users can deal with the problem appropriately. On a fundamental level, Mac error 43 initiates when the users perform any file transfer task and move files to trash folder. On the other hand, this glitch also faced by Mac users while importing files into a different directory.
Quick Tip: Contact +1-866-235-1646 to instantly fix the error with the help of AOL experts!
In this section, the users will understand the actual technical reasons behind this error code 43. Generally, the following message often appears in this error.
- The Mac error code 43 can be occurred because of illegal characters present in the file name. The range of characters that are considered invalid: @ ! # % ^ $ +. So, whenever a user tries to move or copy files that consist of these characters, the errors pop-up on the screen. To avoid this problem, do not mention invalid characters while naming the file.
- The other common reason is when no shared point is available for the selected file. It signifies that Mac finder is unable to access the file that will be going to be moved.
- It might be possible the file that going to be imported has not downloaded completed.
- OS X error 43 can also appear when the users are trying to move a file that either running in background or locked. So, users required special permission from the admin to move or delete a locked file.
- Any problem or fault in hard-drive can also cause the error code 43 on Mac system.
How to Fix Mac Error Code 43?
In the following section, users will know the three different workarounds to resolve this problem. One can only need to follow the each and every step sequentially and carefully.
#Approach 1: Reset Mac System Settings
In order to fix this issue, you need to reset the NVRAM (Non-volatile Random Access Memory) or PRAM (Parameter RAM). To do this, go through the below steps:
- The first step is to shutdown Mac.
- After that, start the system and press Option, Command, P, and R keys together before the grey screen displayed.
- Now, you need to press the key until you hear the startup sound 3 times. After that, release the keys.
- By doing this, you will reset the NVRAM or PRAM successfully.
#Approach 2: Delete Mac Locked Files
- Open the system and head over to Applications folder.
- Next, select the Utilities and then click on Terminal.
- Once the Terminal opens completely, write the command: chflags -R nouchg in it.
Note: Ensure that while typing the above command, the blank space should be there after every word.
- After that, you need to double-click on Trash icon from the desktop interface.
- Once the Trash folder opens, you need to select all the files by clicking on Command +A.
- Next, drag all the locked file that you wish to remove from the Trash folder to Terminal.
- Once all the above-steps executed successfully, click on Return Key.
- At last, clear the Mac Trash bin.
#Approach 3: Use Disk Utility to Resolve ‘Mac Error Code 43’
The Mac error often occurs due to any fault in the storage device, which results corruption in data files. In such a case, it is beneficial to use Disk Utility tool.
- To initiate the process, navigate to Go >> Utilities.
- A new Utilities page opens, select Disk Utility from the list.
- Now, select the disk that you want to fix from the sidebar.
- Click on First Aid.
- If there is any error, Disk Utility will repair them. In a situation, if the tool is unable to fix it, then it will warn you. After that, you need to take action according to it.
It is evident from the above if the Mac users know the exact cause of error code 43, then troubleshooting is quite simple. Therefore, in this write-up, we have discussed the main reasons behind Mac error code 43 and resolving strategies in a detailed manner.