“Do you want to know how to migrate Gmail to Office 365 Small Business? Then, just stick your eyes on this write-up and grab the most suitable solution for yourself.”
In this information age where people communicate through emails, it is important to have an application that manages all these data in a secure manner. So, when we talk about best cloud-based mail service provider for the same, Gmail or Office 365 come in the rank. Both are the proficient applications that provide the ability to send or receive emails anytime and anywhere.
However, Office 365 is considered to be more secure than Gmail program. Due to this reason, many businesses are switching from Gmail to Office 365 Small Business suite. So here we are going to analyse how to migrate Gmail to Office 365 mailboxes without any hassle.
For instant and bulk G Suite to Exchange Online migration you can use G Suite to Office 365 migration tool. This software is safe and quick approach to import Gmail Emails, Contacts, Calendars and other data ittems to Office 365.
Manual IMAP Migration to Migrate Gmail to Office 365 Small Business
A method entitled as IMAP Migration from Gmail to Office 365 is a good approach to migrate only emails from Gmail user account to Office 365 mailbox. The IMAP migration can be achieved by two different ways i.e., PowerShell and Exchange Admin Center.
PowerShell technique becomes more complex for the users. So, here, we are going to explain the EAC approach to import Gmail to Office 365. This procedure is going to be multi-step, make sure that you have enough amount of time.
Step #1: List Out All Imported Mailboxes
First of all, just take record of all G Suite mailboxes that are ready for the migration. To do the same, use below steps:
Tip: The resultant list of Google Apps domain mailboxes should be of 10 MB or less than it.
- Login with the administrator account in Google Admin Console to begin the process.
- After that, navigate to Users.
- Here, you can clearly view the detail of a User ID such as login detail.
- Write down all the User ID on a safe location and login in Office 365 Small business account.
- Now, go to the Users and select Active users. Go to the USER NAME section adjacent to DISPLAY NAME. This information will use in the later procedure.
- Launch MS Excel program in order to make a table that consists of 3 columns named as Email Address, User Name, and Password. In this column, fill all the relevant information that has been collected above. Thereafter, save the file in CSV format.
Step #2: Connect Gmail Account With Office 365
The next process to migrate Gmail to Office 365 small business is to create a connection between MS Office 365 and Gmail for data migration purpose. For this, go through the below instructions.
- Open EAC and go to Recipients.
- Next, choose Migration option.
- Now, you just need to click on More option. Then, select Migration endpoints as shown in the screenshot.
- After that, navigate to New in order to create new migration endpoint for the further process.
- Next, choose IMAP.
- In the consecutive page, type imap.gmail.com for server setting. Also, do not modify rest of the default setting.
- Press Next to achieve connection between Gmail & Office 365.
- Under Enter general information section, type a name for migration endpoint and hit new button.
Step #3: Time to Create Migration Batch
This step is beneficial for the users who want to transfer multiple Gmail account mailboxes to Office 365 mailboxes in one go. Just follow the below steps and migrate Gmail to Office 365 Small Business.
- Select Exchange in EAC.
- Next, choose Recipients >> Migration.
- Click ‘+’ button and go with the Migrate to Exchange Online option.
- After that, choose IMAP migration and hit the Next button.
- Now, Browse the migration file that created in above step for further process.
- Once the file is verified by Office 365, click on Next button.
- Next, choose the migration endpoint in Set the migration endpoint page. Then, click on Next.
- Here, you need to mention a name for the migration batch. In such a situation, when you want to remove some mail folders, then provide its name under the Exclude Folder box and hit Next.
- At last, perform the below instructions in Start the batch window.
- Click on Browse in order to send the complete process reports to sub-users. Else, click on Properties and view the export file.
- Select Automatically start the batch >> New to migrate Gmail email to Office 365 Small Business.
Wait! The Gmail to Office 365 Migration Journey Does Not End Here
As we see, there are lots of stages in the IMAP migration that a user needs to perform for the sake of exporting Gmail email to Office 365 webmail. For an organization, it is not an ideal procedure to switch data between Gmail to O365. Also, this workaround does not migrate Gmail contacts and calendar entries in Office 365 account. Can you believe it?
Email migration is not sufficient, in fact, contacts and calendar also have the same importance. So, it is a need to have a solution that can migrate G Suite emails, contacts, calendar in Office 365 user account in less time with minimum complexity.
Don’t Worry, An Impeccable Method Exists
An automated software named as SysTools G Suite to Office 365 Migrator is developed in such a manner that one can easily export Gmail emails, calendar entries and contacts in Outlook 365 with less effort. With the help few clicks, the user can migrate complete or selective data from Gmail to Office 365 without any interruption. Just download this software for Windows platform and make your G Suite to MS O365 migration effortless.
Migrate Gmail to Office 365 Small Business is the most trending thing in Organizations. Therefore, in this post, we have discussed IMAP Migration process to migrate Gmail email data into O365 suite. However, due to its downside, we also illustrated an outstanding utility G Suite to Office 365 Migrator that overcome all the limitations of manual workaround.